Friday, August 31, 2012

Figure Friendly Friday #2- 20 minute HIIT workout

Todays Figure Friendly Friday idea is a quick but super effective workout.
I discovered it last summer when I did this "Game On Diet" with my mom and some of her friends. 



Its a really cool concept. You get a group together that wants to improve their fitness and then divide into 2 teams. The team with the most points at the end of 4 weeks wins a predetermined prize. You get points for eating right, working out, drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, supporting your teammates, giving up a bad habit and starting a new good habit. (there might be more categories, I forget)
It also gives REALLY specific guidelines of what and when you are supposed to be eating. It was TOUGH. But for only 4 weeks it was doable. In the 4 weeks of playing this "game" I lost 10 pounds! I'm not going to go into all the details of it here, so if you're intrigued, you can go to their website and take a look.
http://www.thegameondiet.com/

For now, I'll leave you with these workouts. They suggest doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) 3 times a week, leaving a day between HIIT workouts, focusing on weight training on those off days.
-With each level, you must complete 4 full sets of the following exercises.
-Don't take more than 20 minutes to complete all 4 sets
-NO STOPPING
 -Time yourself to try and beat your time the next time you do it.
-When you feel ready, move up to the next level.
So without further ado, here are the workouts in all 3 levels-

Beginner-
-25 jumping jacks
-25 lunges
-10 pushups (on your knees if you need to)
-25 sit ups or crunches of any style
- 30 second chair pose

Intermediate-
-50 jumping jacks
-25 squats
-15 pushups (off your knees ladies!)
-50 crunches of any style
-10 jump squats

Advanced-
-50 jumping jacks
-50 squats
-25 pushups
-100 crunches
-25 jump squats

These have been my go-to workouts when I'm short on time, but still want to burn some serious calories. (although I haven't done the advanced in quite some time!) And because no equipment is needed, this also makes a great workout to do when you're traveling. It can be done anywhere! I've even done it while my kids were playing at the park. When no one else was there of course, I'm not that confident yet!
If you give it a try, let me know what you think!



linking up to these wicked awesome parties-
Tatertots and Jello
Someday Crafts
House of Hepworths
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Those workouts seem pretty doable. All I have to do is...do them ;-) Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks, too, for coming over and leaving me a sweet comment today about the Chicken Ranch Wrap. It seriously is a lifesaver sometimes. I hope your family enjoys the recipe. Hope you'll visit again soon.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are totally doable. Anybody can work out for 20 minutes! I'll let you know how we like those wraps when we make them this week! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. No stopping...wahhhhh I'm exausted just reading it...seriously need to get fit again! Loving your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try Sarah! with a good playlist, 20 minutes goes by in a flash! Thanks for stopping by, come back soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...