Monday, August 13, 2012

I'm bringing sexy back!


Or at least I'm gonna start trying to!
Baby #4 is now 1 month old. (Boy, time flies when you're having fun!)
 Since the birth, I have been enjoying recovering and doing a lot of relaxing. 
But the day of reckoning is here. I'm sick of feeling so squishy. Its time to whip my behind into shape! Quite literally. 
(BTW, I got the green light from my doc already.
 I had my postpartum appt. at 4 weeks, not 6 like I'm used to. Strange!)
So now it's time to get to work. This time around, I have a different approach to getting "back in shape". In the past, when I said, "I wanna get back in shape", what I really meant was "I wanna be skinny".  But this time, I'm trying to get strong. 




You see, next May I've got a big challenge to complete. Yeah, I know its forever away, but I'm already thinking about it. It's gonna be HARD. I have 4 brothers and a dad who are really into "feats of physical strength" and they told my husband and I about this event they are participating in. It's called the "Tough Mudder".

Ever heard of it? We hadn't either. So we went to their website and watched the video. Click to watch it for yourself. http://toughmudder.com/
If you don't want to go over and watch the video, heres some pics for you to get the idea.

via- http://elliottback.com/wp/tough-mudder-tri-state-2011/

via-toughmudder.com

Those things dangling in the pic above are live electrical wires! 

via-toughmudder.com

They are trying to get up, not down.
Pretty intense right?
Hubby and I got totally pumped and committed to do it in May 2013. Then we came up with a genius plan- Let's make it a family affair! So now committed are me and my husband, both my parents, all 4 of my brothers, my sister, and my brother's wife.
Now, I can't even do 1 pull-up. Not just because I barely had a baby. I've never been able to.
If I'm gonna make it through alive, its time to change that.
So my little sister and I (same sister I helped with the Mini-Makeover. Can be seen HERE),
devised a challenge to kick start our training. We each set goals for ourselves that have to be reached in one month's time. If not, we have to pay the consequences.
Wanna hear the consequences we came up with?
If she doesn't reach her goals, she has to get bangs. Doesn't sound like much of a punishment, but this girl does not like change and would be scared to death sitting in a hairdressers chair knowing what was about to happen.
And if I don't reach mine, I have to watch the entire Lord of the Rings series. This also might not sound like much of a punishment, but I'm not a fan of fantasy movies, and Gollum scares the HECK out of me. When I was little I watched E.T., and had nightmares for years. I'm so positive that watching Gollum would be much worse.

So today is the start of our challenge, and every "get fit" challenge has to start with "before" pics right? So without much further ado, (yikes!) my "before" shot.



I'm not thrilled about the idea of putting that pic out there for everyone to see, but the way I look at it, the more people who I tell I'm making changes to, the more likely I'll actually do it. I don't want all of you thinking I'm a quitter who can't stick to her goals! I'll be posting updates and tips along the way, and then come September 13, you'll see the "after" shot! Gotta get to work now!


Pin It Now!

17 comments:

  1. you can do it!!!!! you'll be amazing stach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mara! Wish we were closer so we could workout together, its so much fun with friends!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the birth of your baby! Wishing you the best as work towards reaching your fitness goals. Thanks again for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! He's been a ton of fun. And thanks to the encouragement from awesome people like you, the road to getting fit will be that much easier!

      Delete
  3. Game on girl! So proud of you. And boy do those shorts make you look tan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I just rewatched the tough mudder vidoe...got a little scared...

      Delete
    2. Thats the beauty of summer in the South! This is the first time I've had a baby while also having a tan! Goes a long way in making me feel less unattractive! And that video does 2 things for me- make me scared as heck, while still managing to totally pump me up!

      Delete
  4. so cool!! and so fun to do it with your whole family!! this reminds me of the camp pendleton mud run that we've done a few times (but this looks more intense!) good luck with your training and yeah, i wish you were closer so we could train together -- its always better with friends!

    and i just realized that i don't think when i comment it links back to my blog... so, just in case so you can keep up with us too, its maryplusvince.com :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way more fun together! Remember the good ol' days of aerobics with Jan Whittaker, and then at SLCC? Super fun! Thanks for the link, I'm def gonna follow!

      Delete
  5. My brother-in-law is doing that this year. I will let you know what he says. Who knows....maybe I will join you! :) if you have any training questions feel free to ask. I think I might just put something together for you anywhere...let you know when I have it put together! Not that you need my help....you seem to hadle your fitness your fine :) (so I know there are some spelling errors but the stupid iPad won't let me go back. Can only type forward.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE if you put something together for me! I do need help, I usually just do whatever I feel like, with no set plan. Someone who knows what they're doing would help a ton! Would you really put something together for me? I'd love you forever. Ok, so I already do, but I'd really appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. Pootie McFarland (she hates it when I call her that) I need to send you a before picture of me! I will be in a bikini so the whole world can see! Just kidding. I will actually be in a scuba suit. sound good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anybody wanna know why she calls me that awful sounding name? I do too! I have no idea where she came up with it, but she's right! I hate it!
      ps- Nali, did you take a before pic?

      Delete
  7. Awesome! Congrats on your 4th! Good luck on your training as well! If you need some good healthy recipes to go along with your training, I got some good ones on my blog. Gotta eat enough and properly to fuel gaining muscle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats one of the many reasons I am following your blog! I can't ever get enough of healthy recipes, thanks so much!

      Delete
  8. Stacia-type in "My butt is big Nike" and read the quote. You will like it. It's just like us. I haven't taken a before pic. But should I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I've seen that on Pinterest Nali. I love it! But now its too late for a before pic, we"re 2 weeks into it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...