Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Wreath with Feathers and a Chalkboard

I finally made my fall wreath over the weekend! It seems like I might be a little late jumping on that bandwagon, but it hasn't really felt like fall in Nashville- its still hot as can be, and we still sweat like pigs when we go outside to play. But it IS the middle of September, so I guess its about that time! 
I loved how it turned out, and except for the wreath itself, I had all the embellishments on hand. 



I used my Silhouette to cut out little pennants, from some patterned cardstock, which measure approx. 2 inches by 2 inches. 


Then I hot glued them to the twine that I tied to the wreath. (I had never hot glued cardstock before, so didn't know what to expect. But it worked like a charm!)

The little plaque in the corner, (well since its an oval, it doesn't really have corners, but you know what I mean. :) I bought from Pick Your Plum a while ago, and have been hanging on to it for use on the perfect project- finally found it! With a few quick coats of chalkboard spray paint, it was ready for my fall message! 
No one in our family has actually picked up a southern accent yet, but now the kids go around saying "HAPPY FALL YA'LL!" 
It's just fun to say!

And hot glued some feathers here and there for the finishing touch, and DONE! 
Took about 30 minutes to complete, and $5 at Michaels for the wreath. Oh, and an additional 10 minutes for cleaning up all those blasted stray leaves and twigs that were now all over my kitchen and dining room!


Does it feel like fall where you are? Or are you still in flip flops and needing sunscreen like we are?

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. super cute!

    the weather has been aMAZING here at home. you should come visit...(hint hint) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Aren't wreaths super fun? Thanks for the comment Amberly!

      Delete
  3. Super cute! Found this on Someday Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilani! I'm majorly in love with feathers! ps- your name is awesome!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Becca! Cute blog name by the way. All my banners are pennants lately, I keep meaning to change it up, but I love them too much!

      Delete
  5. Cute Cute Cute wreath!! I really need to do some fall craftin! I live in Smyrna, where in the Nashville area do you live? I'm here from Tatertots and jello- and your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!! following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...