Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cupcakes with scales and feathers

Ok, I know what you're thinking- "cupcakes aren't exactly going to help with the whole, losing the baby weight thing", but rest assured, these were made before I embarked on that journey. ;)
Have any of you seen the book, "Hello Cupcake"? I'm so in love with it. I seriously looked through it a million times after I bought it. There are so many fun, amazing, totally awesome ways to decorate cupcakes in there, its mind-blowing. Here are the 2 that I've actually made and not just ooohed and aaahed over.


Marshmallow eyes and teeth,
 M&M nostrils, pupils and claws,
Oreo Crisps (in the 100 calorie packs) make the spines on his back.
Creepy lookin' but super tasty!

You know I had to make owls. If you remember, my husband says I look like one.
I'll take that as a compliment, look how cute these are!


The eyes are Oreos and mini-Oreos,
the ears were made from the left over Oreo sides without frosting,
big pupils are Junior Mints, little pupils are M&M's,
big beaks are whole Runts bananas, little beaks are half of a banana.

And that is about the extent of my cake/cupcake decorating experience. I'm not sure if cake decorating is something I want to keep working on. Very labor intensive, and they disappear in minutes! All that hard work down the hatch in the blink of an eye. But the kids went nuts for them of course- can't decide if it is worth it....


*don't forget about the incredible Elevita giveaway going on as we speak! Click here to enter. Giveaway ends Monday, October 15.* 

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those owl cupcakes are to die for! And I agree with you, that cake decorating takes so much effort, only to have it devoured, all over the kids faces, and crumbs left on the floor.
    But hey, that's what pictures are for right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so dang cute! You did such a good job! I am laughing at the above comment because that is exactly how I feel...as long as we have a picture I guess it was worth the effort!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Flip! Those are so cute. I love the owls. I want one. lol. Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-18.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are SO cute. And I can almost definitely taste the chocolate icing just from those pics. YUM. I have baby weight to lose too, so I have get off this page quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love cupcakes!!! Well let me rephrase that.... I love to MAKE cupcakes! So much easier than Cake!!! But I dont like eating either of them...... I also Love Owls. Why are they so cute? Even real ones? And I have never once thought you looked like an Owl. Our whole lives!!!! Anyway I love the funness! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...