Friday, February 15, 2013

Chalkboard Baby Shower

Yep, its been a while. A long while. That was not my intention! Blogging has been on my to-do list for months, and somehow it kept getting pushed further and further down on it! Anywho, we've had lots of parties lately, so I just wanted to do a few posts about them. The first of which was a baby shower a few of us threw for one of our friends. We planned the whole shower around the invites which we framed to use as decor-


I made those blocks in like 10 minutes. (ok like 30, but still quick!) Easiest project ever! They sell the "naked" blocks at Michaels for like a dollar a piece, paint with whatever paint you have lying around, sand the edges, and slap some vinyl letters on. I'm definitely planning on making lots of these for future baby gifts.

This chalkboard was at the front door to greet guests.

And another chalkboard- You'll notice that I use this big boy ALL THE TIME! The best $10 I ever spent. I am officially obsessed with making chalkboard signs.


We had the shower at 10 am, so we had a brunch menu.
These are the best ever almond poppyseed muffins. They have an orange glaze that is to freakin' die for. Very addicting. Beware- after 5 of these, you don't feel that great. So I've heard, thats not me speaking from experience or anything. ;)
The little baking cups are from TJ Maxx. They peel right off like a normal cupcake wrapper.


Some tasty quiche from Costco. We also had a yogurt bar, which we didn't actually get pics of! We had  vanilla yogurt with a bunch of toppings- granola, almonds, coconut, fresh fruit, and even fruity pebbles.  


This was probably the most refreshing drink I have ever tasted. I don't even know what all was in it, frozen fruit, some ginger ale (maybe?), Hawaiian punch, pineapple juice, some other stuff.... Yum. 


We had a few activities going on, but none that interrupted the chit chat. 
Here is the price is right game. Put your guess in the baby food jar, and the person to guess closest to the actual price gets a prize. No one was too surprised when a mother of 9 got like 4 of the 6 right!


The mother-to-be only had one request- that we have people write down their parenting advice for her. She was easy to please!


I used freezer paper to stencil the baby's name on a onesie and had all the guests sign it. (kinda like we did in elementary. I still have the D.A.R.E. t-shirt that my class signed from 4th grade!)




A lot of the decor is self explanatory-



I found this black crib at a yard sale a few years ago for $10! This sweet old man had made it for his babies who are all grown up now. He was kinda emotional helping me load it in my car, it was cute. It was the perfect spot to hold all the gifts!


The little white cradle was mine when I was a little girl. My mom refinished it and sent it to my oldest daughter last year, so we borrowed it from the girls, (who play with it all the time) to hold the favors. Mom-to-be loves goldfish crackers so we handed those out to all who came.


Theres the lady of the hour! Look how cute she is! And look how adorable that outfit is! Shes from Oregon, and another good friend who is also an Oregonian made that onesie to show some home state love! I will most definitely be copying that idea. Perhaps for myself even. Love it!


Allright. So thats the first of the 3 parties. Hopefully its not another 3 months before the next one gets posted.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. this is soooo cute! i love all the chalk board elements! so glad to see you back in blogging land -- i've missed you! :)

    also, i hear you are coming in may!! i am so excited!! love ya friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chalkboards are adorable! Such a fun touch for the shower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...